Friday 6 December 2013

*Kupumzika kwa amani Mandela, malaika wangu* (Rest in peace Mandela, my angel).


*Kupumzika kwa amani Mandela, malaika wangu* 
(Rest in peace Mandela, my angel).



Truly is a sad day for all of us,


Nelson Mandela *Madiba*, he is a Global Icon, someone who had the courage to fight against oppression, racism, all he wanted was equal treatment, which in these days, that’s what we need, fair and equal treatment.

I remember back in the eighties when I was just a little boy, and started to hear about this person, a prisoner named Mandela, I would hear things like he was talking against the government, inciting rebellion, but as time has passed, and I became older, I started to understand his struggle, and later on Portuguese TV, the images from South Africa, the news about the many differences between Whites and black Africans, that disgusting thing called Apartheid, and I would think to myself; why? We are all humans, why this sort of treatment?

I learned a lot by reading about this man, he became a great influence in my life, after 27 years locked in a cell, he was released, but in his heart, he held no grudge against those who oppressed him, instead he fought for equal rights for everyone, and that makes him one of the greatest leaders of this world, he may have left this world, but his ideals will live forever.

I know that he has inspired many like me, and will continue to inspire many of the new generation.
So, to you Madiba, I say only this *Kupumzika kwa amani Mandela, malaika wangu* (Rest in peace Mandela, my angel).

This is what made him unique.
At his trial in 1964, Nelson Mandela closed his statement from the dock saying: “I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to achieve. But if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die.”
And Thank you Madiba.

No comments:

Post a Comment